This is a personal website, designed, built, and maintained by me, Zinzy Waleson Geene.
About this space
- This website is casual, unpretentious, and unassuming.
- On here, you’ll find soft stances, lived experiences, and critical notes on the things I hold dear.
- It’s organized as a collection of loosely linked, unfinished thoughts.
- I use this website to participate in the IndieWeb, a great community of people who enjoy tinkering on personal websites, as well as independence while they do so.
- This website is built in Jekyll, a flat-file content management system I’ve been using for years. I like my familiarity with the platform, as well as the light-weight nature of flat-file systems.
- I’ve taken Maxime Vaillancourt digital garden template for Jekyll as my starting point. I continue to change it on an almost daily basis.
- The font you’re looking at is whatever is native to your operating system.
- There are a few things I use to keep things running smoothly.
- I believe in the idea of a singular personal website, containing details on personal and professional matters.
- I believe in thinking in public, and having it be an act of Anti-marketing. I work to make this a comfortable space where I feel no pressure to be smart, funny, insightful or anything else that I am not on a permanent basis.
To do on this website
- Proper case handling of note titles
- Optional POSSE to Mastodon
- Frontmatter Boolean for Implied Reader, TBC and others
- Tooltips for external/internal links
- Automatically add tag and category pages
- Added Indieweb post types article, note, and reply
- Added outgoing webmentions
- 2022-11-20: added cross-post type support for bidirectional links (thanks to this)
- Added git submodule for Obsidian content
- Added Netlify hook to check content submodule for updates on build
- Initiated singular Obsidian vault that automatically pushes relevant content to Netlify